can't change gamertags microsoft account

I've been trying to change the microsoft account (I'll just refer to it as the account) that is associated with my gamertag but it won't let me. I've checked and the current account I'm using has been in use for a few months and the accountiI'm trying to change it to is over 30 days old but it still won't let me change it. 

My gamertag has a parent account, but i know the password for that, so it's grand. It's when i get to the final stage and click "yes, change" it fails. It says "Sorry, we can't change your microsoft account right now etc.." 

I've tried it several times over the past few days and it keeps failing. I've changed the account before so I'm not sure why it won't work this time. The only reason that I can think of is that my current account has me set at 15 years old (my actual age) and my new account has me set at 18. The reason I'm changing my account  is so I can play EA games online. Stupid EA :-/ I want to be able to play Mass Effect 3 online and Fifa but it doesn't let me because" I don't meet the required criteria "

If anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated. Thanks a million, Carla :) 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You're not able to change the age you've set on your account. I would say your best bet would be to simply use a different account to play EA games online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Even if you use a different Microsoft account with your gamertag? So you can't change the age even if you get a new microsoft account to use with your gamertag..  *** :D

Sorry this didn't help.

The age is set by what you enter when you create the account, not by the age on the Microsoft account. So changing Microsoft accounts will not change the age of the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

crap :P thanks a million anyways :)

Sorry this didn't help.