Can't cancel auto payment

Hi guys

I hope someone can help me.

My 'Auto renewal' for my Gold membership will automatically happen on April 1st. However, to cancel my payment I need to use a text code which I have just found will go to a phone/sim I no longer have.

So, I change my settings... however the setting changes won't come into affect until April 4th, by which time my payment will have flown the nest.

Any ideas, please? With such a policy of taking so long to change the single security measure I'd have appreciated a little more notice from Xbox about my renewal, to at least give me the chance to change. Or was that intentional? If so, bravo...

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

call 1-800-4MY-XBOX thell them to cancel your anual renewal they will help you solve your problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Suggest you contact a Billing Agent. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to an Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you go to account.live.com and update your security proofs by adding more and verifying them it'll give you more options besides sending a code to that phone. You hit "I didn't get the code" that'll enable a drop down menu that'll let you choose whether you want to get it at a different email or different phone number, whatever you've verified through account.live.com. If you don't have acess to the email to verify them, that's another issue entirely that you should address; in that case take care of it, but you'll have to call support before the April 3rd to get that auto-renew off. Best way is to sign into your account here, then select "Support" wait til all the options load and select "Contact Us" then put billing in the drop downs. I know if you put turn auto renew off it instructs you to do this yourself just put other billing issues then.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.