Can't add people from xbox ONE on my 360

I have xbox 360 and when I go to add someone that has a xbox one it says an error. If they send me a message and I request them from there it says pending from my end but to them im on their friends list. But it still says we aren't friends from my end. Also, if they send me a friend request I never get it?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 601 Applies to:

Hey there Europ.  Have you checked your privacy setting lately?  If not, have that a go and see if that helps. :)

account.xbox.com/Settings

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is the transcript from the Xbox Community Ambassador help thing. If you don't want to read it, the short of it is that Xbox One and 360 users can't do party chats or send game invites to each other. Retarded. Way to blow that one Microsoft!

Remember, Xbox Community Ambassadors are NOT official Microsoft support agents; they are just friendly Xbox users, like you! DO NOT share any personal information with your Ambassador including: -Your name -Windows Live ID -Account password If they ask for this information, please report them to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and include the entire chat transcript, along with the date and time (and time zone) of your conversation. Thank you. Please ask your Xbox question. Try to be specific so we can best match you with a Community Ambassador who can help. Me: I have an Xbox 360 and my friend has an Xbox One. When I send him a friend request, nothing shows up for him. And if he adds me, it just automatically goes to friends list, but if he sends me a game invite or party chat, I don't get anything. How do you get around that? Locating Community Ambassador... You have been connected with Ambassador. You may begin your chat. Ambassador: Hello Ambassador: The xbox one is set up to talk to other xbox one users. You can't party chat/game invite with someone who doesn't have an xbox one. Me: So you cant play any games with someone who doesn't have an xbox one even if its the same game? Ambassador: Correct. Me: Thats retarded Ambassador: If you send him a Friend Request he wont see it unless he goes to xbox.com and signs it to accept it. Me: So you can then. He would just have to accept it online instead of on the xbox plattform? Ambassador: Correct, that will put him on your friends list, but you still wont be able to play together or party chat.

Sorry this didn't help.

[Mod removed] Microsoft should fix that.

Sorry this didn't help.

This thread is over a year old.

If you have a support issue you need help with then please start your own thread.

Sorry this didn't help.