Can't access downloaded games & 9hrs to install a disk! Please help

Bought secondhand Xbox one with games already on it but can't access them? How do you transfer them to a new live account? Also put a new game disk to install and it's taken 9hrs to install 40% is this normal? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello! Sorry to hear that you have having troubles. First go to settings, click on my Xbox and make the console your Home Xbox.

With the download speed, this depends on your internet and how many GB the game is. I would always download games with an Ethernet cable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks will try

Sorry this didn't help.

Great, let me know what happens!

Sorry this didn't help.

If the games on the second hand xbox one you boght are digital dowlad games, then you can't use them as they are tied to the previous owners live account (in addition to the console) If you bought it with any disc based games then thats a different story those can be reinstalled to your account and used by you minus any activated dlc codes.. that is as long as you got the game discs with the console..

As for disc based games, one issue that can give abnormaly long install times id if you download updates/patches for the game while installing.. what can help is disconecting the console from the net while installig or as I have found to work for me, decline any updates that comes up when installing a game.. when you start the game after the install you'll  be notifyed to install the updates again..

Sorry this didn't help.