Can't accept terms of use because of parental control

Hi, I'm 16 years old and i recently bought windows 8. I opened up the music app and it told me that i needed to accept the terms of use. I did, but it told me that there was a missing parental permission. I'm pretty sure that I've never tied this account to a parental one and if i have i can't remember the login info. I'd like to ask if there was a way for me to accept the terms of use without logging into this mysterious parental account or if you could untie me from that parental account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there, Aiquid. Unfortunately if you have parental controls on your account, you'll need to be able to log into them. You can find the parental account by following the steps in this support article titled "Find your Microsoft account or password". If you still can't find the parental account then I would recommend calling phone support. If your parent can verify account ownership they can help you determine the Microsoft Account. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unless I'm incorrect, the steps in the support article requires an Xbox 360 console, but I'm sadly not an owner of one :/ .. Is there a guide for finding the parental account through Xbox.com?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly, yes, it requires a console to go through the steps. Follow the other option and call support, they might be able to help if you have no access to a console anywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.