Can't accept terms and conditions, can't access account options

Hi,

When i try to connect to Xbox Live, it says i must accept new terms and conditions, and to do that i need to pass the parental control, which i never activated and never needed (I'm 21). Furthermore when i try to access my account options it says this:

date: 14/04/2013 13:13:08
code: 359F6C0DD3C627F
s:   j3mBbYDEbEJ2K5hYNXfVcQ==
id:  dd1accc8-78ac-4923-a960-1b2a015306ed
req:

754977fe-fb47-4a19-914b-c6803ad3a29c

Thx

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Im glad im not the only one, mines have been doing this for almost two week now. I cant even connect to xbox live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok so either at one point it was a child account and you forgot, or joined a family pack and wasn't properly released from that control. Which sucks yes.

That being said you need that password to accept ToU, then once you can sign in you can go over to Acccount/Account Management and then the "Your Information" tile and select "Promote Account" to promote your account to adult.

So to take care of the parental password, go on the console, accept ToU, then when it asks for the password it will show you the email that's attached to the parental WLID. If you don't recognize it or whatever record it down, look very carefully to make sure it's not mis-spelled, it's not .nt instead of .net or whatever.

Then go to account.live.com and reset the password by selecting "Can't access my account" when it asks for Microsoft Account Name you put in whatever was on the console, SPELLING INCORRECT OR NOT. Then that will give you your options for resetting the password and you can work from there.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Support cannot release a child account (even if you are now an adult) from ToU. You need to work on that password. However if you recognize it, and maybe did make a parental account for it, and you can't use email reset link, security question, whatever there's "I can't use any of these options" that's a stupid email based form you fill out, that you most likely will fail, it's ok though, do it twice, keep the rejection emails and it's possible if you can confirm ownership with xbox you may get a password reset from them.

On the other hand a month ago I heard about someone who used Steam and a games for windows live game who got around accepting ToU. That was a month ago and MS might have fixed that, but you can find a youtube video on it if you look.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.