Can't accept new Xbox terms and condition due to old parent E-mail being deleted

Because Xbox has changed its terms and conditions I've ran into the problem that I have to agree to them via a parental account, however the last time I actually signed in to the parent account was 2-3 years back so the account has long been deleted, so now I'm stuck with my Xbox account (Which I should of upgraded to an adult account ages ago but I wasn't expecting this stuff to happen) unable to get onto XBL because its connected to a parent account that no longer exists

I'm completely lost on how to fix this problem

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

You will need to reset the parental email password here. account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

When you enter the parental email and it comes up that it does not exist please contact customer support. Tell them that you tried to reset the password for the parental email and that it no longer exists. Tell them that you were told to call support so they could escalate the issue to a higher tier. If the parental email truly has been deactivated they will be able to see that and they will create a new parental email for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Escalations at Support don't work like that for this issue. Been there, done that.

You must go through http://account.live.com/acsr to complete that form and collect a reference number from their response email. Once you have that, and once they tell you CAN'T get a password reset in an email, THEN and only then can you call the Xbox support folks. They will ask you for that AND for the Console ID which you get from the second line at Settings | System | Console | System Info

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.