CAN'T ACCEPT GAME INVITES WITHOUT GETTING DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE

I have two 360's in my house, one in my bedroom and the other in the living room. Each time I accept a game invite from my son or he accepts one from me, either him or i get disconnected from xbox live. I CAN accept game invites from other gamers and he CAN also but we just can't play together. Our NAT type is open and our internet connection is really good, please help...Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I had the same problem before too.  With in the same houes hold the internet connection needs to be be a different isp address its like having two opened on the same line doesnt work... I had to have abother line brought in to just play my friends when they are over.... You can play eachother in a private xbox link match but not over the internet in the same house unless its a different isp address.....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No that's not entirely true. If you want to play over the Internet, make sure the accounts are Gold. And that you both owned a online profile separately. Than to clarify the "not entirely true" from me. If you don''t have a standalone router, or the modem does not have a DHCP server build in, then pappy is right about that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.