Can you use multiple HD's with the original 360s?

My 250GB HD is almost filled up now, I have a original model 120GB Elite. If I put my profiles on to a flash drive can I use multiple 360 HDs? I still have the 120GB HD that came with it & I was thinking that I could just swap between the 2 to have more space. I would just put whatever HD on my 360 that has the game I want play installed to it. I was thinking that if I have my profiles on a flash drive that this would work. Any advice on this would be great, I really don't want to have to uninstall anything. I prefer to play my games from the HD so my disc drive works as little as possible & also don't want to be always re-downloading the patches when I want to play an older game. I can't believe MS hasn't made a HD bigger than 320GB for the 360, especially with the focus on digital content nowadays.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yes you can do this or you can use the cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Rob31shred!

Yes, you can use alternate devices to store your memory in relation to your profile, saved data etc! As the previous states, you can use CloudStorage which is the easiest way to store data! However, if you have saved data on a specific game on one hard drive, and then swap to another, the data will not be on there. However swapping of hard drives can be used for different games etc! However, click here for more information on cloud storage! You can also transfer data, which you may be interested in also!

Hope this helps! keep us posted!

Dark.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you can swap the hard drives over.  Just be sure to do this only when the console is turn off though.  Also, be sure to be gentle when you swap as not to damage the connectors.

If you want to use both your hard drives and have the saves available to both drives, you could save your games to the Xbox LIVE cloud save feature as mentioned by another Ambassador.  Or you could configure a USB Flash drive for Xbox LIVE storage.  Since the last update, 32GB can now be used per device for Xbox LIVE storage, and you can use two USB devices at the same time for up to 64GB of extra space.  If your USB Flash drives are fast enough, you can even install your games to them.

You don't necessarily need to put your profile on a Flash drive, you can now have the same profile on multiple storage devices at the same time, all you need to do is download your profile from Xbox LIVE.

Hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.