Can you play xbox one with no internet service?

Over the last few days my internet and cable service has been down due to a local ice storm.  I still have power (so I can turn on my tv) but no cable or internet.  I was trying to play my games offline BUT it says games are in "queued" status.  But it won't load to play.  They have already been installed onto my console but now they won't load.  Is this because I have no internet connection? Does Xbox one only work with households that have internet?  I find this bizarre if true and disappointing.  I hope it isn't true and it just takes some sort of setting change.

Thanks for you help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Are the games disc versions or were they downloaded from the store?  If they were discs then you just need to continue to install them but if they were downloads you will need to have the internet up so they can finish installing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

They are all disc versions.  So, when I put in the disc, it says "queued."  It won't boot the game up.  And these are games I have previously installed to my xbox one.  Any suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 things you can try.

1.  Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds until it shuts down then see if they continue installing.

2.  You could try uninstalling the games then reinstalling them.  Go to My Games & Apps and find the game then press the Menu button on the controller and choose Delete.  Then insert the game disc and try installing it again.  Do not remove the game disc until it is fully installed.

Sorry this didn't help.

It wont work until after you've done the day one install, either over the internet or USB.

Sorry this didn't help.