Can you not get the free xbox gold games when you have a Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold membership?

I got an email from xbox live about getting halo 3 free when i tried to it said i had no payment info on file & wanted a credit card. Can I not get the free game even when I paid the 59.99 for the 12 month live gold membership?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Since this thread is over 2 years old you will get a better response by starting your own thread with specific info to your situation. Look through the forums for some answers as many people are having issues with Games with Gold downloads due to never having a 360 or no CC on file. Currently you must register an accepted form of payment to be able to download GWG.

having the same problem

Yeah you should still be able to download as long as all your personal info is filled in correct in you Microsoft account https://commerce.microsoft.com  no need for a CC just fill in the areas maked with a *

let us know if you were able to fix this or if you have any other question, please

i live in the UK and i also have no credit card saved to my account, if a credit card isn't available use a paypal account. Once thats saved to your xbox live account, you should be able to download Halo 3.

If you but it from your console you dont need a payment method

I think you can only download stuff if they got your payment Informations - no matter if the stuff is free or not.

Have you tried to download it from the site?

-

Even though it's a free game MS requires a CC on file.

-

I have seen some that get a prepaid CC and that works fine and they reload it when they actually want to purchase something.