Can you not earn achievements offline

My internees been really crap laterly and completely went off today, went to look at my cheevs and it said I had to be online to open the app, so have they stopped people earning while offline

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've read in one of the support articles that you need to be online for them to unlock.

As I understood it, if you 'earn' it while offline it will pop the next time you connect, but I do not know for sure.

I know Cloud has spent some time playing Xbox One offline, perhaps he can enlighten us from experience.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

I know a friend of mine was offline for about 2 weeks, he finished Ryse and COD, none of the achievements popped up on screen but when he finally got connected the achievements were showing on his list, even though he didn't get no notification to say he got them, they were just there when he looked at his achievements.

I hope that makes sense lol

Yeah as soon as you get back online they will show on your list.

Same if your earn achievements offline on windows phone

Oki cheers peeps

Yup! They only appear online. I felt robbed when I was playing and was damn sure I had unlocked some to later find they show up (after a small delay) when you pop online. I imagine its harder for people to do the exploit this way.

Speaking of G....I nearly had my G appear as '43210' last night but damn Lara for unlocking 50G and making me go over :(

PlayStation 4 is the same. You can only look at them while being online. It must of been something to do with people hacking them. So they are doing mostly everything online now to stop people editing things.

I remember Console Monster writing an article about earning achievements/trophies offline on XB1/PS4, they said it was due to the original DRM plans but where there was a turnaround at the last minute they never got sorted out properly?

It would be nice though to have a notification but not have it add to your G list until you are online though. I  bet many people have been like...so yeah..wheres my G for that? lol.

[quote user="CloudStrife 900"]

It would be nice though to have a notification but not have it add to your G list until you are online though. I  bet many people have been like...so yeah..wheres my G for that? lol.

[/quote]

Many people... like you? ;)

I remember you sent me a message about this when it happened to you :P

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Well, I'm needy :P lol! I say this a lot but I would much rather come to one of you fine folks than come to google. I know I can be a pain in the butt at times but you love me for it princess :P