CAn you INSERT something else in the HDMI IN hole in the back of XBOX ONE ???

I am not a subscriber of cable tv, so that hole is empty. I want to insert something else. I tried the LAPTOP but its pointless since it doesn't support mouse. 

So what else can I insert in the HDMI IN port ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It is just a pass through so technically anything with an HDMI hook up will work....but there is a bit of latency with it.

If it was just a pass through wouldn't it work when the X1 is off?

I actually hooked up my laptop with it and tried to watch a movie through my xbox one. Yes it worked but the thing is you cannot control the laptop with the xbox one controller which makes it pointless. I really don't want to waste the HDMI IN port. I was hoping MS can let us use a windows laptop on xbox one

Your laptop needs an IR port (and/or a external ir blaster plugged into the xbox one that is sitting in front of the computer ir port) in order for the console to control it.

you know where i can buy the ir blast thing for my laptop so i can use the xbox one controller ?

Something like this.....there is no promise that the xbox one will be able to control your laptop.....I am sure your laptop is not officially supported, you need to look online to see if others have been able to pull it off. And of course, does your laptop have an ir port that supports remote controls and the like??

www.amazon.com/.../2 This is a blaster that plugs into the xbox one, but again, you need to have an ir port already on your laptop in order for this to work......actually you have to figure a lot out unless you can find someone online (via google) who has figured it out with your laptop model. But if you have a program/OS on your laptop that takes a remote control signal via ir, there is a chance to operate via xbox one.

[quote user="Stoyvensen"]

It is just a pass through so technically anything with an HDMI hook up will work....but there is a bit of latency with it.

[/quote]Latency, with HDMI? I thought HDMI was supposed to be super-fast...

...oh wait, NM. I'm thinking of USB.

I didn't know there was a hole in the back of Xb1???? Nah J/k it just sounded funny to me. On topic though you can even plug a Xb 360 in the hole if you want to.

I don't want to stray the topic or start an inappropriate conversation but I certainly breathed a sigh of relief when I read the OP after seeing that title!

-

On Topic; I've heard of people using the HDMI as a passthrough and even using other consoles through it but as mention, the lag means it's only really good for movies and TV as any input is too delayed to be of any use in a gaming situation or even general computing.

You can plug in a ps4 and play Tomb Raider at 60fps in glorious 1080p...sorry, I had to. :P