Can you connect the Xbox 360 arcade to Xbox 360 slim via USB to transfer the data?

Ok, I know there is a wire that Microsoft sells for this, but I'm having a hard time spending $20 on something that I will literally use once and never look at again.  I was just curious if you could take a USB wire with 2 male ends and stick them in both the Xbox's, turn them both on and transfer the data that way. It seems like it makes sense to me but I'm not expert by any means. OR would I be able to use an external computer hard drive that connects via USB to transfer all the data on to that and back onto the new one?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The cable idea wouldn't work. But you can use a USB flash drive or hard drive (up to 16gb) to copy the data over and move it over that way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah just back up your live profile (profiles if you have more than 1) and your saves, you can always re download anything you bought or downloaded from the marketplace for free as long as you are signed into the same account that downloaded them the first time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just ended up going out and grabbing the wire, wanted to transfer 100GB worth of stuff over, so I just said forget it. Thanks for the help though.

Sorry this didn't help.