Can we ever expect to have more friends?

Now, I'm new to the forums but as of late I've been having a problem. I've been on LIVE for about 6 years now and it's getting increasingly more difficult to make friends. Not because of me but because of the friends list limitation. I play with lots of different people on lots of different games and I have 6 years worth of friends on my list which I genuinely can't delete because they're good friends whom I speak to on a regular basis. I was a bit disappointed that with E3 having recently been we didn't have any sort of announcement on this. With things like SmartGlass going on, surely it's not beyond the 360's capabilities. So can we ever expect an increase? I apologise if this has been discussed before but like I said, I'm a noob here. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope yes, maybe with an update or the xbox720.

Alessio

So...you're saying there are 100 people on your FL that you speak to on a regular basis?

Yeah...sure.

Try going out sometime. You might actually make some real friends.

At least I haven't lowered to the level of unnecessarily being a [Mod Removed] to others yet. What are you, like 12? I was only asking a question, stop being a baby about it. Also, sorry to disappoint you but it turns out I do have real friends. Gutted for you.

I don't have a hundred friends, or anywhere near it, but is that the cap of the friends list? I'm new to the forums here also...

even though it would be good to have a friends list that can contain more than 100, Microsoft probably don't deem it as necessary because a large percentage of people are fine with the current limit. maybe when the next Xbox comes out they may increase the limit.  We will have to wait and see I'm afraid.

I'm just the opposite. I want as small of a friends list as I can have. I try to keep it to real-life friends because they know I don't like being disturbed while I'm playing a game. No offense to anyone, but if I don't know you, you're not a friend.

The cap of 100 is just about right for most gamers, unless you are in a community of a big clan or something like that.

I hit 98 friends recently and about 70 of them are gamers I actually know in RL.

I can't actually play with all of them all the time, but it is nice seeing people I know personally enjoying their time on the Xbox every day.

[quote user="Endgamez"]

So...you're saying there are 100 people on your FL that you speak to on a regular basis?

Yeah...sure.

Try going out sometime. You might actually make some real friends.

[/quote]Do we seriously have to bash people who are new and asking a question?  I am sure Xbox will be looking into this with their next console or maybe even in a future update, as they have already increased it once.

They already increased it once?  What was the limit before 100?

[quote user="Statsheet"]

They already increased it once?  What was the limit before 100?

[/quote]I believe it was like 50, but not sure, its been a while.