Can someone please explain why?

MICROSOFT XBOX 360

GAMES ON DEMAND PRICES

AUSTRALIA V USA

Game                                         AUS /US eq.                                           USA                                    MARKUP

Bfbc2                                         $29.95  (US$31.79)                              US$19.99                        159%

Halo reach                                $99.95   (US$106.09)                           US$59.99                        176%

Fable 3                                      $99.95  (US$106.09)                            US$39.99                        265%

Red dead redemption            $69.95  (US$74.24)                              US$39.99                         185%

Halo 3                                        $49.95 (US$53.02)                              US$29.99                        176%

Mw2                                          $69.95 (US$74.24)                            US$39.99                          185%

Fable 2                                       $59.95  (US$63.63)                           US$19.99                         318%

Gears of war 2                         $49.95  (US$53.02)                            US$19.99                        265%

Fallout 3                                   $99.95  (US$106.09)                          US$29.99                        353%

Oblivian                                     $49.95  (US$53.02)                            US$29.99                       176%

We now know why microsoft makes money?

Microsoft says "No comment".  They would.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Well I may be wrong but Im sure that USA gets it cheaper because it is made over there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope. Microsoft are boning Australians. Also, the 320GB Gears console, if bought in the UK, is $350 Au. Here it's $550. It is pretty angry making.

Sorry this didn't help.

99 bucks for Fallout 3, Fable 3 and Reach? No ways~!~!

Being "girt" by sea sucks basically!

**why can't I do smilies?~!**

Sorry this didn't help.

Regional pricing.

Explained a thousand times before and doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out.

Think it's a rip-off? Don't buy 'em.

Get 'em cheap outta the bargain bin, get 'em cheap online...then get over it.

Sorry this didn't help.

As someone who moved here from the UK at the beginning of the year, I was shocked at how expensive games are here. I think it is mostly to do with the fact that prices have not adjusted as the Aus dollar has got much stronger in the last few years. In the UK stores a new game wouldn't cost more than the equivalent of $65 now so I still order most games online unless I find a bargain. The only problem with that is if you want a game on release day. On a positive note, the average wage here compares well to the UK and US with the exchange rate at the moment so the cost as a proportion of income is probably still quite comparable.

They also apparently press games here, so the costs haven't changed with the exchange rate (though I'm sure they'd still make a healthy profit if they reduced prices significantly!)

Sorry this didn't help.

Last week BFBC2 was $69... If it was $29 then I would have bought it not spend $29 @ JB Hifi and still waiting for the delivery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Blegh JB Hi-Fi online is the pits.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah but they were fast to cancel it and couldn't find BFBC2 anywhere except EB who wanted $50 for it

Sorry this didn't help.

Australia is a "Cash Cow" market according to console developers and retaillers who sell any gaming related paraphernalia are charged huge royalties for simply selling their products. These royalty fees are then passed onto the consumer via higher prices. It has nothing to do with the relative smaller size of the Australian market, the cost of distribution or any other factor such as the relative value of the Australian dollar. We are getting shafted. Pure and simple and there's stuff all we can do about it.

Sorry this didn't help.