can people other than the xbl team ban me??

i was playin mw3 on live with friends when this guy said he was taking our ip adress and taking our internet away, kicking pople from the game, and banning me and my friends. he still kept going though and taunted me though spammed party invites and messages with very rude words that i shall not say. i hope you can help if he really can do some thing i also have their gamertags too if needed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Nope.  Also, you can file a complaint from your console against this person and block communications with them.  If they have done anything against ToU or CoC, which I believe this could be considered, it will be them who gets banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Only the Xbox Policy Enforcement Team can ban people from Xbox Live. If someone is threatening to ban or hack you, you should report this person immediately.  Likewise if the person is spamming, harassing, or otherwise effecting your enjoyment of Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, if you find that you do get kicked from the net for a period of time due to this person's manipulations of your ip address bear in mind that this is illegal.

A DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) attack occurs when someone gains access to your ip address and uses an outside program to knock said address (ie. your home network) from the net.  When/if this happens contact your local law enforcement agency and give them the details of what happened, when it happened and who caused it.  The person who has done this could find himself behind bars for what he/she considers a joke.

Finally, if this happens or you are worried about it happening contact your service provider and explain the situation to them.  They should issue you a new ip address.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have people do this to me too and the first thing I say is "***** Shut the **** up, You do that to me, And I'll make sure your behind ****ing Bars.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="MerleDixon X"]

I have people do this to me too and the first thing I say is "***** Shut the **** up, You do that to me, And I'll make sure your behind ****ing Bars.

[/quote]

If you use profanity in your text or speech they can legitimately file a complaint on you. Better just to report and block them, without telling them so.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="noboundz"]

[quote user="MerleDixon X"]

[/quote]

If you use profanity in your text or speech they can legitimately file a complaint on you. Better just to report and block them, without telling them so.

[/quote]

Bingo.  Anonymously reporting is usually the best way to go.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.