Can only access one profile on xbox

I hadn't used my xbox for awhile and when I did, a long update downloaded. After that, it kept asking me to provide an email address and password to log on though my profile/gamertag I have associated with the account.

I tried to log in today but I can't get it to log me in. I have one profile/gamertag set up for my wife (which I'm using now to access xbox.com), and one for me. They are (or were) both associated with the same account and password. My xbox used to log in to xbox live automatically and when we wanted to switch between my wife and me, or have both logged in, we just selected our profile and clicked log in and xbox logged us in.

Now when I try to login under my profile/gamertag, it asks for an email and password, then I get error 8015D003 or it says the email or password is incorrect. I can login to my wife's profile on xbox.com and it shows me as a friend. I've updated the password, cleared the cache, and even tried to re-install my profile. I've read through the forums and don't see anything quite like this, but plenty of other account access problems!

So, now I can't access any of the saved games under my profile!!

Anybody have any resolution!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there, really you shouldn't have been able to associate two gamertags with the one Microsoft Account (email) so if you're certain they use the same email I would first try and separate the accounts by associating the gamertag you can sign on the Xbox with another email following the step here: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

After that you should make sure that both accounts have updated security and verified proofs as that should clear up any wrong password/security errors you might seen:. Follow this link and click 'Manage your security info' to sign-in and update: support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello BarterMirror9 I'd like to help you solve this problem. First regarding your error code 8015D003 states there may be a problem with your Microsoft account and directs you here    https://account.live.com     When you go there are you able to login with the information you believe is associated with your profile but not the one attached to your wife's one?  If not you should be able to start a request for a reset this link will also give you alot of info about the process of recovering your info and also included some info about the update that is asking for your sign in and password . support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-account-windows-live-id     (Ps once you get everything sorted out you can have your xbox save the email/password so you won't need it to sign into your profile again from the console it self under profile/account security/password @ sign-in also it might pop up when you finally sign back in through your xbox as it's been awhile since I did that update Im not 100% on it popping up on it"s own)  This might also come in handy if there is any issues recovering your account info.       http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/account-management-errors-info    Hope ths will help you clear this up just let me know if there is anything else you need if this doesnt fix your issue and notate any error codes if they pop up along the way just in case.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you both for the responses.

DigitalAssassin's reply concerns me because I always believed the two profiles were under the same account (windows live ID, microsoft account, xbox account, whatever!!!!) Sheesh...  So if I inadvertently associated an email address with the wrong profile and changed the password, I wonder if the other profile is completely gone???

I will try to re-associate the profile I CAN access (my wife's) with a new account/email address, but I don't see how that will suddenly allow me to access my profile.

WaRGOD62, I can login to any xbox.com or windows live site and my xbox console with my wife's profile/account info, but it only pulls up her profile information. I can see my profile under "friends" on her page, but I can' get to my profile either on any site or on the console. I never had to enter separate account or password info before to access either profile on the console before the last update. I don't remember what log on info I ever had to put in to access my profile on the microsoft or xbox sites.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I could create a new profile, but that means losing a LOT of game history!

Sorry this didn't help.

How it will allow access to your account is gamertag A and B are associated with one email.

-

After you associate gamertag A with a different email, then re-download gamertag B using the information you used to use for gamertag A you should see the account you're missing. This is only if in fact both gamertags are associated with the one email.

-

Quite often I have seen this issue and 9 times out of 10 they are using the wrong email and password for the gamertag they want to see. You can try verify you have the right email address with some of the tips at this link: http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/forgot-microsoft-account

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, makes sense to me! I'll give it a try today!! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried the swap but got the error message "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now." According to the account swap page, that happens if you've swapped a profile within the last 30 days, which I have NOT done! What a pain. So what now? If I delete the profile that I do have access to and try to create a whole new one, I'll probably get some message saying I can't create a new one! You make a product this hard to use and you aren't going to keep customers very long......

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah that shouldn't have happened, I can only suggest contacting Xbox phone support and have them take a good look at the account to see what's going on. They will be able to tell you whether there is two accounts on the one email etc.

-

You will need to prove you own the account(s), but that shouldn't be a problem for you: support.xbox.com/contact-us  

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal if I had to delete the profiles. My wife doesn't really play anything that she needs a gaming history for right now. We use it mostly in the winter. And I don't mind losing my history. I had just started playing the new Tomb Raider and hadn't gotten very far. Do you think I would have problems creating new profiles? I did create a second live account for the swap that doesn't have a profile associated with it yet. Will I have problems re-creating a new profile on the existing account of my wife's?

Sorry this didn't help.

I still think you should call Xbox support before you commit to starting a new profile.

-

If you are to create a new one though, you will need to use a completely separate email that you have used on your wife's account. You can either sign-in to the xbox.com website with a new email and it will automatically create a gamertag which you will have the chance to change once for free within a certain period.

-

After that you can re-download that profile onto your console like so: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Or while you are on the Xbox press the guide button and go to the sign-in options and select create profile. Enter the details including an email address not used for any previous gamertags and you will be good to go.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think what I'll do is leave my wife's profile alone for now and use the new live account I created to create a new profile for myself. If I'm ever able to recover my other profile I can always create a new account for that if I have to.

Just the idea of calling phone support makes me feel very tired.....

I really appreciate your help DigitalAssassin. You've been very detailed and patient. I'll look for you if I have other questions!! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.