Can not turn off auto billing!

I want to turn off my automatic billing because I can't afford to pay membership every month. But whenever I press the button to turn off auto billing, it take me to a page that tells me:

Help us protect your account
We'll send you a security code to verify your account. How do you want to receive it?
I select it to be sent to me by e-mail, but the e-mail never arrived. I waited for over a week but still nothing happened.
I am receiving all my newsletters and game news from X-Box like normal but it doesn't seem to want to send me the e-mail to verify my account so that I don't get billed every month.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi check to make sure the email you have set up in your security proofs is the email you are checking. From the link below.

account.live.com/.../manage.

Also how are you trying to cancel your auto renewal, you can do this on xbox.com as well. If you go to "my account" when you log into xbox.com you will see an xbox live title under there, there should be an option for auto renewal. Click that to turn it off.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

if you can't disable auto renewall yourself, you can also contact Xbox Support to do it for you, to contact them use support.xbox.com/contact-us

-

And like mentioned above you will probably need to update the security proofs, but any change will take at least 30 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am trying to do it on the xbox.com website but it keeps telling me that it needs to verify for security reasons via email. But it never sends the e-mail!

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like you need to Update Your Microsoft Security Information. That process is detailed here support.xbox.com/.../security-proofs

After that, you should be able to stop auto-billing automatically. You can contact Xbox LIVE Support http://support.xbox.com/en-US/ - but updating your security information is very important, and you should have been prompted to do this numerous times from your console before this issue came up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't get any emails about verifying anything from xbox. All I've received through email was newsletters and xbox sales.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Naroso!  I'm going to agree with Buffy here: first steps will be to update your proofs (and check your spam filters to make sure it's not catching anything from us.)  If that doesn't get you in, you can get a call from Support to get it all sorted.  Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.