Can not transfer my game tag to another email

Okay all I am trying to do is simply transfer a unwanted gamer tag from email that I primarily use to a account I made.  Then I want to transfer my good gamer tag ( the one I play live with on email I do not use) to the email and account I use on my computer.  The problem is that every dang time I transfer the unwanted gamer tag from good email/account.  The Xbox tells me   "Sorry we cant change your Microsoft account right now. For more information go to xbox.com/accountswap"  Now the account that I am transferring to is one I made online and has no xbox gamer tag.  I have also waited the 30 days and tried again.  What is going on?????   How can I fix?

This is the unwanted gamer tag I want to get rid of so that I can put my good one on this account.  outrunhook

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hmm, what the hey!  OK, are you certain that the dummy account hasn't gotten a GT associated with it?  Just to make sure, can you make a fresh one and try with that?  Also, when was the last time you downloaded the OutrunHook profile onto a console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. Says the same thing to me. I want to transfer my gametag that I use to account that is linked to my windows phone. The problem is that I accidentally made an unwanted gametag to that account. So I made new account to move the unwanted gametag to so I can change the good gametag to my WP account.

but when I try to change the GT it says the same error message as it says to outrunhook. What shall I do?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Sampsa! Are you following the instructions in our support article: Transfer Your Gamertag to Another Microsoft Account ?

Give that a once over, and let us know if you have anymore questions. Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, i have tried that many times. Just won't do it.

also when I made a new account it wanted to send a verification email. So I clicked send and tried to open the email box. But it didn't go to outlook but it went to account settings. So I couldn't open the verification email. How can I solve this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright. I am a bit confused.. You say you go to open the email, and it brings you to account settings? What do you mean exactly?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok OutrunHook,

1.- Verify that email that need to add it's not linked to other GT.

2.- Make sure security proofs are added/updated in both MS Account (before called Windows Live ID)

Sorry this didn't help.