can not connect my controllers to my xbox360 slim 4G?

I  just recently been having problems with connecting my controllers to my xbox360 slim 4g.  i spend like 20 minutes of turning the system off and on,letting it sit,etc. until i get it to connect somehow. Now i have gone on the support page and have done the following:

-Changed the batteries....nothing

-Tried the resync the controllers (when i sync the controllers all four lights blink on both controllers and system like it did get connected but it still doesn't connect. No lights come on the system and the controller just keeps flashing all four lights)

- thought the xbox box was not getting enough power so i have changed the plug... nothing

- cleared everything around it so i have a clear connection and I know that i don't have any other wireless signal and anything metal going by the system to break the signal from the xbox to the controller.

The next thing I am going to do is go get a play and change kit but I don't think that will fix the problem.(but it was save me battery cost in the long run:P)

I also have had the system sence october 2010 and havent had a problem till recently these past couple weeks.

Another wierd thing is that i can turn on the xbox with my controller but no lights come on and its not connected, but it has to be connected the turn on the system right?

Anyone knows whats wrong and what i can do to fix it? I believe that its not the controllers its the system itself.

Have anymore question just ask.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Have you taken a look at this sticky about controllers not working OP?. Fingers crossed something in there will help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.