CAN MICROSFT CONTACT ME WITH A MESSAGE FROM THE GAMERTAG Xbox Support L2??? or is this sombody trying to hack my account? Please help!!

CAN MICROSOFT CONTACT ME WITH A MESSAGE FROM GAMERTAG Xbox Support L2???? is somebody trying to hack me? i recieved a message when i turned on my xbox saying it was microsoft and that i had tried to sign in with my account incorrectly too many times and that they did not believe i was the real account holder!!? :S and that i need to send them a message back with my email, password and date of birth etc within 24 hours or else i will be permantely banned from xbox live. is this true?? i dont want my account to get banned! :(  HELP!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

No problem. Unfortunately there are people who don't think that way when they see a message like that and end up giving away all of their information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, good job i didn't give it them. thankyou. I kind of knew something wasn't right. They seemed legit though the way they typed the message. Especially when i have actually been trying to sign in for a while because i forgot my password lol although there was a slight mistake near the end of the message so i kind of clocked on then that it wasnt proffesional enough to be from microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

No one from Microsoft will ever ask for your log in information. If you did give them your information you need to call support immediately. If you haven't given them any information, then don't worry. You won't be banned. File a complaint on the user and block communicaitons.

Sorry this didn't help.