Can I use my console I bought in Mexico on Europe?

I bought my xbox 360 elite console in Mexico since I live here but im moving to Europe Germany to be a little bit more exact if thats necesary and Im wondering, will I be able to use my console over there without it blowing up? and if I have to buy a new console over there will I be able to play my old games from here in a Euro console?

:S Thanks for reading! Really appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 232 Applies to:

Hey again Tux! Yes, that is correct, you won't be able to buy games in Germany for your Mexican console. To answer your second question, the currency in Germany (Euros) will not be compatible with your Gamertag so ordering prepaid cards from Mexico would be a good option. Using a credit card would be the best option here though, for convenience! Once again, happy to answer any questions. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well @Miss Kleo, I do have one last question, so you're saying that I wont be able to buy any new games if I buy them there right?, and what if I buy the MC points with a credit card from Germany? Lets say my parents credit card is from Europe like a Visa or something, Will I be able to buy the MC Points? Or I can get a friend to buy the cards on Mexico, and then just send me a message on FB or an Email with the codes? Will that work? :S Thank you for you're time :D really appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah bud im sorry i have not gotten back with you i am still researching and trying to make sure that i have my facts strait i will let you kknow something soon

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey InformalTuxedo! Happy to help! I hope I can explain this all clearly:

• Yes, the power brick is that black box that connects to your console and then to the outlet. You'll need to buy a brand new power brick once you move as you won't be able to use your current power source with the outlets in Europe but your console will still work.
  • Since you are moving to a country with a different currency than your Gamertag currently uses, I'm afraid if you want to be able to purchase MSP and Membership cards from Germany you'll need to create a new Gamertag for your new region, as the currency won't be compatible with your Mexico region Gamertag. 
  • Lastly, time to talk about Region codes. You'll need to make sure your disc is intended for the Xbox 360 console and has the correct region code or it won't work in your console. This means since you have a NTSC console, any game discs you buy in Germany would be PAL and therefore would not work in your console. Below is the region code for each country supported. 
Region code Geographic regions/countries

NTSC

North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Brazil)

NTSC-J

Asia (Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan)

PAL

Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, and New Zealand

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any more questions. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

@TMH Army Well All the games I play are BF3, some CoD, Skyrim, Assasin's Creed and all ''mainstream'' games, and im only 15 and raised in Mexico so you could guess I have no clue about what PAL and all those stuff is, Im sorry if im wasting any of you're time but would you please help me out a bit more? I just dont want to waste 300 euros on a slim over there, I never bought xbox live or anything on the marketplace with any credit card, I bought it all with microsoft points that I got from my local game store (I mean the little 1600 cards) and by power brick do you mean the big black box that connects my xbox to the power supply in my house? or the plug? because the plug over in Euro is like circle and its diff. sorry if this is confusing but please give me a hand D:

Sorry this didn't help.

yes both are correct in this matter the power source will be your first issue and you should be able to buy a power brick over in euro with no problem what you may have to do as far as xbox live is concerned is change all your payment options into a euro format since it came from mexico. if you have any problems please do not hesistate to get back with us or tweet @xboxsupport thanks bud hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Further more Romeos answer, also be aware that even though a majority of the games are multi-region, that a lot are also region locked, so you will not be able to use certain PAL (Europe)  region discs in your NTSC (US Standard) Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sure you may face power issues since you are moving to a PAL region, they use different plugs which may require you to buy a new power brick.

Both regions are supported according to the list:

www.xbox.com/.../Countries

If your physical region and account region don't match, you will most likely have payment and Marketplace issues though.

Sorry this didn't help.