Can I use Bose AE2i headphones as a headset/microphone?

I have the Bose AE2i headphones (which include a mic). Is there some cable I can buy so that I can connect it to my xbox 360 controller, and have both the audio and the microphone work?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 179 Applies to:

No there isn't a simple cable that would let you do that. From what I can see the Mic is integrated in the inline remote and designed for phones that support the three channel 3.5mm connector setup. Even the complicated methods of getting a PC headset with a stereo and mic cable wouldn't work.

-

There are several ways to use your Headphones with the 360, but the Live chat would need to be solved using some other method. Possibly a 2.5mm cellphone headset that you could wear under your headphones which would plug into your controller. If you have a Kinect it can act as a microphone, but Live chat over speakers has always been incredibly quiet making it almost useless. Really if you want headphones and Xbox Live chat integration it's worth it just to buy a product designed for it.

Thanks for the answer. I just wanted to see if it could be done. It's a shame that it can't be done though.

yo dude, i have the bose AE2i, and i want to game with them, but the sound is super bad, when i listen to music through my ipod tho the sound is really good, but i cant game with them for some reason, can you play xbox with them?