Can i use a Xbox bought in US in India?

Hi all,

I see this question has been raised many times in the forum but never was answered by the post opener about what happened when he took his Xbox to India and hence i ask again.

I was going to buy an PS3 but after seeing Kinect in action i decided to buy Xbox 250 Gb version in US. I will be taking the same to India and want to know if i can use it in India. I know about the games being region locked and hence would be buying all my games in US and i will use my LCD monitor for the video output and hence the PAL/NTSC problem will not occur.

So can some one please let me know if i buy an Xbox inn US and bring it to India, will it work if i just by an US to India pin converter or should i buy an power transformer for it.

PS. Do let me know if you have an US Xbox and have played games those are sold in India. 

Thanks,

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 2,434 Applies to:

India has a local XBOX support number. See that Country listed on the very top of this page in grey on a white background? Click it to change your region to India on the website, then navigate to Support, Contact Us, Call Us. That'll give you the India phone support number. Contact them to order the correct power supply.

Games purchased in India that aren't region-locked should work on a US console.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You will need a Transformer rated at at least 100 watts. And, as stated by yourself above, need to import all of your games from an NTSC source, such as the USA.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have a Xbox 360 Elite, that was purchased on US in early 2008. The console has lately started showing 2 flashing red lights , 5-10 minutes into starting it. The area in which the console is kept is well ventilated so i am not sure why the overheating is occuring.

Is it possible to get the console that was purchased in US, repaired in India, by raising an online service request for such issues? What would be the charges for such a repair?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Amit

Sorry this didn't help.

Someone else asked about getting their console serviced outside the country it was purchased in. The person had called support and was told that their console could not be serviced outside the country it was bought in.

360 warranties aren't international. It would have to go back to the USA for service.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't buy, its nearly impossible to get a game here, even online.

It works fine with any TV though.

Sorry this didn't help.

you can play games and xbox, all you need for a console is a adapter or a voltage convertor or a reducer that converts 220 to 110 v

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought an xbox 360 in America and i thought I could take it with me when I'm going to India. Im gonna be using it on an LG monitor. Somebody told me something India having PAL or something video thingy. So my question is will my NTSC xbox have any problem with an LG monitor? Specifically LG 192WS.

Sorry this didn't help.

We bought X Box 360 S Model 1439 in USA and brought to India. The power supply unit (PSU) is of 110 V. I think we cannot use the same directly (with flat to round pin converter) with Indian Power Supply of 220V . I heard Microsoft will FREEly replace the same. If yes, where these MS shop/s in Hyderabad of India? If not freely, where can I buy a genuine PSU for this Model? Can any one help please?

Sorry this didn't help.

eu comprei um xbox one na espanha eu posso usar no brasil eu  vou precisar de transformadoror

[Translation: I bought an xbox one in Spain I can use in Brazil I will need transformadoror]

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there everyone!

This thread is a few years old. To better cater to each of your needs, please create a new thread indicating the issue you may be experiencing with as much detail as possible, as well as, any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.