Can I transfer my profile license for the DLC I bought?

I accidentally bought something with the wrong profile, so now the profile is under let's say, profile 1. I want to get the license on profile 2 since profile 1 isn't even mine and what if I'll not use the same console in the future or w/e and I don't have my DLC.

Can I get the licenses on profile 2?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 148 Applies to:

Unfortunately the only way to do it is to purchase it with the account you want it on. Licenses can't be transferred between profiles, only consoles.

Here are the details direct from the support site on the subject. support.xbox.com/.../download-content

The Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.

I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

there is no way to get the license on profile '2' unless you buy the content again.

As side note, a license transfer moves all content licenses for the Signed in account to another console, so that isn't really an option when you get another console, since the account with the license isn't yours (like you mentioned) the account owner won't have the licenses on their console anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for answering.

Sorry this didn't help.