Can I restore files from my PC desktop?

I need help!  I needed a thumb drive to temporarily store and move some files.   So, I pulled the thumb drive out of my son's Xbox 360, transferred the files from the thumb drive to my desktop pc, and then used the thumb drive to store and install Windows 10 on my laptops.  When I was done, I tried to drag the files back to the thumb drive, but it said that it didn't have enough storage space. (It's an 8gb thumb drive.)  We bought a thumb drive with 64gb and formatted it on the Xbox and then tried to drag the files to it, but it still doesn't show his game data on the Xbox.  How to I get the files from my PC back on to a thumb drive that will work on the Xbox?

Thanks!!!

"Bad Mom"  :-(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:
Answer

...I've moved files onto my PC, and onto the USB stick again. As long as the Xbox formats your stick, and you move the entire folder, and not just files inside, and keep the file structure exactly as it was before on the USB stick, it will work as it did before. Why? Because it's exactly the same as it was before you moved anything. I wouldn't post something as being fact if I haven't done it myself. If you really want proof, I'll take time out of my day and record a video if I have to. Don't get all bent out of shape for no reason, and OP has nothing to lose trying it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Have the Xbox format the USB stick, and then drag the files over. While the files cannot be modified or viewed on a PC, Windows still treats them as files, and you can copy between your PC, and the Xbox 360. You may have to enable "See Hidden Files and Folders" on your Windows machine, to be able to drag the contents back on your USB stick. And before anyone objects and says this is against TOS/EULA, it isn't. There's no modification of any files happening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.