Can I plug in speakers and a sub into a headphone jack on my tv?

Im not exactly sure how to get some good speakers and a sub onto my tv that I can use for tv, games, and dvd. I asked a guy at Best Buy and he suggested I buy some sound bar that I can plug extra speakers into for like $200.... no.

A friend of mine said his brother just bought some computer speakers that had a sub and just pluged it into the headphone jack. Ive been looking online and cant exactly find something that I need.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Good speakers will need some sort of amplification , meaning that you will need a receiver . If you take the computer speakers road , you should look for something like the Logitech , they will come with the necessarily accessories to plug to your xbox , don't plug them to your tv , if i`m not mistaken your tv only will give you a 2 channel stereo sound wile plunging them to the 360 it will give you DD 5.1  

2 Channel stereo and don't forget no sub channel, ie no real bass.

What kind of accessories do I need to plug into the xbox to be able to buy some nice speakers and a sub? how much do you think? Thanks.

If you buy computer speakers, you can plug them into the headphone jack. If you're not looking for an audiophile grade home theater, but rather a simple step up in quality over your TV speakers, this will be fine. Here's a basic, 2.1-channel setup that will be much better than what the TV puts out (you won't need to buy anything else)...

www.bestbuy.com/.../9427774.p

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

If you buy computer speakers, you can plug them into the headphone jack. If you're not looking for an audiophile grade home theater, but rather a simple step up in quality over your TV speakers, this will be fine. Here's a basic, 2.1-channel setup that will be much better than what the TV puts out (you won't need to buy anything else)...

www.bestbuy.com/.../9427774.p

[/quote]

Thanks!

Glad to help.

By the way... If you're TV has the headphone option for fixed or variable output, select fixed & control the speakers with their controller.