Can i please get some help!!!!!

alright, so after hours of trying to figure this out for myself, i give up, please help if you can.

(im terribly sorry, but this may get confusing) So, i do in fact have 2 windows live ID accounts, and due to some unforseen incidents, i have 2 live profiles (1 for each ID). only one of them (this account) is linked to my xbox, and the other is not. i want to completely delete my second account (its not used after all) so that i may link this profile to my main windows live ID (which is linked to the second profile). the problem is, when i try to download the other profile, it completely will not let me download it. an error pops up (sorry, cant recall at the time, but) i saw a forum claiming the error means i entered my email, or password in incorectly. i know for a fact that all my information is correct (this is not a question, it is a fact)

so, my main question is: is there anyway to the second account without downloading it onto my xbox?

and secondly: (if there is no awnser to the first) how do i get my xbox to download the second account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

XBL should be up and running right now, can you try again and post back the error code you get? There's no way to change the WLID on your second account without getting it onto your Xbox. Here's the step-by-step you can refer to when you can download your 2nd profile, from here

Switch gamertags between two Windows Live ID accounts

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Windows Live ID that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive this message:

“The Windows Live ID you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox LIVE account. You must use another Windows Live ID.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Windows Live ID account: 

1. Create a new Windows Live ID. You will only need this Windows Live ID as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Windows Live ID. 

Example: 
    Gamertag A is linked to Windows Live ID 1
    Gamertag B is linked to Windows Live ID 2
    Create a new Windows Live ID: Windows Live ID 3

2. Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Windows Live ID you want to use to the new temporary Windows Live ID you just created. 

Example: 
    Gamertag A remains linked to Windows Live ID 1
    Switch gamertag B to Windows Live ID 3
    Windows Live ID 2 is now free. 

3. Switch your gamertag to the Windows Live ID you want to use. 

Example: 
    Switch gamertag A to Windows Live ID 2
    Gamertag B remains linked to Windows Live ID 3
    Windows Live ID 1 is now free. 

4. To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Windows Live ID accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.) 

Example: 
    Gamertag A remains linked to Windows Live ID 2
    After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Windows Live ID 1
    Windows Live ID 3 is now free and no longer needed. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hey, thank you for the strait responce. and seriously thank you for your time. i was sorta hoping i didnt need to make another temp account, but if i must, i must :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Follow up: welp, new issue. i still cant download the second profile onto my xbox, therefore, i cant do anything with it. i cant delete it, move it, or alter it in any way. i wish i could just do this on my comp, but xbox cant make it too easy now, can they :P but otherwise, the error code is: 80151103 and along with it is the message: xbox live profiles cannot be downloaded at this time. this is the same message i was getting yesterday :(

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="sleepless creep"]

Follow up: welp, new issue. i still cant download the second profile onto my xbox, therefore, i cant do anything with it. i cant delete it, move it, or alter it in any way. i wish i could just do this on my comp, but xbox cant make it too easy now, can they :P but otherwise, the error code is: 80151103 and along with it is the message: xbox live profiles cannot be downloaded at this time. this is the same message i was getting yesterday :(

[/quote]That's an error code indicating that your WLID is blocked. Refer to http://windowslivehelp.com/. The ID has been blocked due to either the possibility of the account being compromised, or the account itself has had an incorrect password has been attempted too many times.

Sorry this didn't help.

alrighty, i think i know the issue. my wlid wants to verify by sending me a message on my cell, and says some features are blocked till then, so now its off to fix that. but seriously, thank you for your help, and thank you for your time :D

Sorry this didn't help.

You're very welcome!

Sorry this didn't help.