Can I merge avatars?

So here's the deal:

I had an avatar on my xbox 360. When I signed up for xbox live I was forced to start a new avatar and now my old one is just hanging out on the box.  My 1st avatar has all of my game data and achievements saved to it.  So my question is this:

Can I merge the 2 avatars and save my data or am I just screwed??????  Please help me.  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 164 Applies to:

Do you mean a local user on the Xbox itself? No, there's no way to merge them as far as I have ever heard. When you register you have to pick a gamertag that isn't used yet, and the local one on your Xbox probably was used already. You could try to sign into that one and create a new account using that profile...and to see if that username isn't taken anymore. Sorry for the probably semi bad news. :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Avatars? You mean the little human on your account? Or do you mean your gamertag itself? Could you maybe elaborate your question?

If you mean can you use a different save game from your old gamertag to your new one (example, you've finished the campaign for halo 4 on one gamertag and got all of the achievements, you CAN'T transfer that stuff to ANOTHER gamertag) I hope that answers your question!

Sorry this didn't help.

you can't transfer it, but you CAN go back into your other account (your offline profile) sign into it, and convert that to an online profile (once signed in to your offline profile, you can then select "join xbox live") which will then carry all of your savegame data and avatar info to that online profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's also not possilbe to transfer gold membership and MS Points from one account to another

Sorry this didn't help.

Well....this thread is depressing.

My old Avatar contains the same name, same tagger ID, and ALL my game stats...Halo, Halo2, Halo 3...and so on. And yet, I cannot get it to sign in into Xbox Live, and I cannot transfer all my hard work over....On top of that my login is my old email address that no longer exists...can't change that either. Sounds like that the Microsoft clan is just getting lazy with all that technology at their hands. What we need should be as simple as copy...and paste....even if its something we get tech support online to ensure no shananagins takes place. Just legit consolidations to existing accounts that need to keep up with the mighty corporations changes.

In the interim I now have TWO avatars with the same name, same look, same tagger ID, and one has all my stats, and the other does not.

Depressing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Breeze! If you are unable to log into an account at this time, please check out http://xbox.com/forgot for steps on recovering your login information. If you have any questions on that, please feel free to start a new thread, as this one is a bit old. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.