Can I Download Xbox One System Updates On PC?

Hi all,

Picking up and Xbox One (1TB Fifa 16 bundle) this weekend and was just wondering if it's possible to download any needed system updates on to my PC before then and then update the Xbox using a USB key? I ask because my broadband isn't the best (12mb download + 10GB daily download cap). Would like to be able to play at the weekend so having the updates ready before then would be great, can this be done and if so can someone post a link to where the updates can be found? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Hi Old McGroin,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to update your console via USB. Just FYI though, the update is usually around the 250MB mark (though it could be as much as ~1GB, but certainly not more). The biggest problem you will face though is if the game is a download code, you're looking at something like 40GB to download. (Even some day 1 patches run above 10GB)

Your best options would be to either find a friend with a higher/unlimited Broadband connection or call up your ISP and increase your package for a month. Most ISP's will let you upgrade your package with a 14 or 30 day cooling off, so you can return to your original set-up easily after you've downloaded all your updates and whatnot.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks SN1P3R, that doesn't sound too bad, thought the initial system update would be a lot bigger and won't be downloading full games anyway, cheers buddy!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.