can i connect to xbox live via my pc?

basically can not afford a broadband phone line.was wondering if there is any way of using my pc's 3 mobile broadband dongle to connect?the problem is that my pc is 11 years old.i did buy an ethernet cable (in the hope that i could share my internet connection.but unfortunately the pc doesn't have an ethernet socket (i thought that it did,but the connection was a phone socket,modem connection).would really like to be able to download dlc content for games,patches e.t.c.thanks for your time 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Yes, you can. However you must be aware that it would have a disadvantage over a direct connection to a cable modem or router. Your NAT, which affects your ability to connect to other players and voice communications, would be Strict or Moderate.

Since you state that your laptop is 11 years old and does not have an ethernet port then you may not be able to connect your console to it. If you have an ethernet to USB adapter it might work, but I think the transmission speed would be too slow.

For more information visit ICS and XBL

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for the reply Temhotabot.am actually going to get an ethernet card (that someone is kindly posting to me) hopefully if i can install it into my pc properly,will hopefully then be able to use my ethernet cable to link both 360 and pc to share intenet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.