Can I completely delete my old account?

I have 2 Xbox Live accounts. One of them I want to delete and change my gamertag on my other account to the gamertag of the account i deleted, is this possible? Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

No that is not possible as you have already claimed that gamertag and it cannot be used again. You can delete the other profile off of your 360 but as far as permanetly getting rid of it that's not possible, it will always be in MS's system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Only in very rare cases, and through MS support itself, can an account be completely deleted.

In a case like this, the best scenario would be to use 800 points on the unwanted account, to change the name from the wanted one to something random.

This doesn't guarantee 100% success, as you would need to spend another 800 pts on the wanted account to change to that name, but sometimes there is a wait before they allow a previously used name to be used by another account.

Sorry this didn't help.

> Is this possible?

Nope.

Even if the account is deleted, its gamertag is still tied in the database with the Microsoft Account (former Windows Live ID) used for it.

Sorry this didn't help.