Can I combine Live accounts?

When setting up my xbox with accounts for my 3 kids, I had to also set up an adult account as you all are well aware of. Not knowing what I was doing I created a new user for myself rather than using the one I had created when we just played offline. So none of my saved game info was associated with this account.

I deleted this account from my hard drive thinking that would clear it out, not realizing it was saved online as well. Is there a way to combine my two accounts? I would like to use my Gamertag on the account with all of my saved game info. Should I just close the one account with no game info and the Ganertag that I want? If so, how do I do that? Will my Gamertag then be available to use on my other account?

Thanks for the help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Ok.....if you deleted the profile its gone..its just a generic profile for saving,that isnt a gold or silver account.If you made a new account that is now a silver or gold account you cant merge them.If your original account was set up got xbox live-meaning you had it upgraded to silver or gold account all your game saves and any purchasesare linked to that account.So either way..it seems the answer is no....If I confused you sorry...hope I helped.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Both accounts were just the free 1 month gold accounts. I have not made any purchases yet, just downloaded free stuff and updates.

How do I close the one account (actually this one that I am signed into)? And when I close this account, will my gamertag (Dino Benelli) be available to use with my other account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, saved games cannot be shared or transferred between profiles. If you wanted your saved data paired with your desired Gamertag name, you would need to follow these steps:

Change Gamertag 1 (from your desired GT to something else)

Wait at least 24 hours.

Change Gamertag 2 (to the desired GT that was changed originally)

There is no set time on how long it takes for a changed Gamertag to become available again, so you may have to wait longer than 24 hours to use it. However, this will allow you to use the Gamertag name you want with your saved progress.

Sorry this didn't help.