Can I allow my Kids access to my Xbox live account but restrict purchases

Folks,

Here is what I would like to do.  I would like to allow my kids access to my Xbox live account so they can use Netflix but want to make sure that they can't buy anything (i.e. games/subscriptions etc).

Each of my kids has their own profile on the xbox.  My profile signs in to XBox live without requiring a password to be entered.

I would like them to be able to sign in to their profiles which would allow them access to XBox live through my account but restrict them from making purchase

However I am not sure how they do this - or whether it is possible.

I've looked through a lot of posts and can't seem to work out what I should be doing - or if it is even possible,

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hello i have looked at your question and may have came up with a solution that could solve your problem try these steps.

-Steps Below-

1.When your at the dash-board of the Xbox 360 click the RB button on your controller stop on the settings tab.

2.Click Privacy.

3.Change Settings.

4.Customize.

5.Go through the catergories and block what you don't want and allow want you want

6.After you are done click B on the controller

7.Save and Exit

-Thanks! hope this helped

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The easiest way to block purchases is just to make sure you don't add a payment method to their account. There's no way to password protect just purchasing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.