Can connect to Xbox LIVE, but cannot sign in

Today is tuesday, and when I started up my xbox, everything began normally, then when I tried to start playing BF3 (Side note, BF3 cannot start from the multiplayer disc; you have to open multiplayer from the single player disc) I disconnected from LIVE as is normal when starting a game up. However, after this, I was not able to sign back in. So, I used the network diagnostic tool and tried to see where the problem was. It said everything was all right and that I could connect to xbox live. But when I tried to sign in it froze on the loading sign for a moment, and said "Your connection to Xbox LIVE has been lost. Please sign in again." I tried multiple times with both the diagnostic, and signing in, always with the same results. When I first got my xbox, my router was on the highest security available, and I had to open the ports that Xbox LIVE travelled through, in order to connect. Unfortunatly, the IP address I set these port openings for were static, and did not change when I had to reset my connection to the internet (It isn't very good generally, But I'm getting a fast signal today.) So I had to change the settings with the I.P. that my Xbox was connected to (Right now, my xbox and the open ports are set to the same IP.. My internet is performing fine, other than connecting to my profile. My Xbox Live subscription expires on December 27th, Could that have anything to do with recent problems?
I live in Gig Harbor, Washington
My ISP is Centurylink, The company that recently bought Quest
My router is a Westell, Model 7500
Internal wireless, newer black Xbox 360 250 GB
Yes, UPnP is enabled on the ports that I have open for Xbox LIVE

Thank you for any help you can provide; I will try all of it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem. I'll let you know if I get mine going.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try downloading your profile from xbox live again. appears to be working for now. (Where transfer profile was on the old dashboard)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joe, could you go though these steps (forums.xbox.com/.../155649.aspx) and let me know if that helps? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issues here. It's not an issue of connecting to XBL, it's an issue signing into it. I just tried to re-download my profile and I was prompted with the '800704DC' error message saying 'Sorry, XBL profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later.'

Sorry this didn't help.

@Faint: Could you try and reset your router and modem, clear your cache and then try to re-download your profile?  Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

I've reset my router. I've reset my modem. I've cleared my cache. I bought a new prepaid code. I've read every single support manual you have listed here but, much to my dismay, nothing's working. I can't even access the 'Account' window under the Settings tab. I have the new update, that's not the issue.

I can connect to Xbox live. I just CANNOT sign into it. Now my profile is gone and I can't re-download it. I'm prompted with the 800704DC error message. Did you not see my last post? smh

Sorry this didn't help.

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 8007 - 04DC

Q: 8007 - 04DC

T: Wireless

A: 192.168.2.4/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.2.1

D: 192.168.2.1, 74.128.17.114

N: JV

S: WEP

C: 1

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Faint Light, if you call phone support (800-4MY-XBOX if you're in the US or Canada) and tell them that code, they should be able to provide some additional info for you. Can you give that a try? Be sure to ask for an SR number--if they are unable to provide any new information or assist you further, you can send me a PM (by using the envelope below my post) with that SR number and a link to this thread, and I'll take a look. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.