Can connect to Xbox Live and watch netflix and download things from the marketplace. But can't connect to friends parties or play multiplayer.

I just moved last week and and finally got internet, so I hooked my Xbox up to the modem with a ethernet cable. I can sign right in and watch netflix (usually it will play in HD) or download something from the marketplace with ease (14:53 minutes for a 1.34gig download, that translates to about 1.5 megabytes per second or 12 megabits per second. So my internet should be plenty fast). Although, when I try to join a friend's party it will say "joining party, please wait" for a minute or two then it will say "unable to connect to party". Then on Battlefield 3 if I press the multiplayer tab I get the "connection to EA has been lost" message , and If I click on the My Soldier tab I get the "connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwith and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for Battlefield 3 " message, but as I said earlier my internet should be more than fast enough for BF3. Sometimes after doing any of the previous it will disconnect me from XBL. Oh, and I've had my xbox for 2yrs and never had any problems at all, especially with xbox live.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you checked what your ping is though? Even if your connection was 100Mbps down, if your ping was in the 500+ range it would still take too long for signals to bounce from you to the destination and back. Not sure that it's the issue but always worth checking.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How do I check my ping?

Sorry this didn't help.

Pingtest.net  can give a basic result. If it is still a low number, with ping the lower the number the better it is, I'd honestly call tech support and see if they can answer any questions or if they have any specific tests they can run with you.

Sorry this didn't help.