Can connect to Internet but not Xbox Live.

I'll just get this part out of the way first, my ISP is TWC. Now I wouldn't think it's a big deal if 6 months ago so many people had not had the same problems. My 1st Slim's disc drive decided to not work this past Saturday, so while that's going to be sent for repair, I picked up a 4 GB Slim in the meantime. After getting it all set up with my existing 250 GB drive and using it in its various features all day Sunday, the new console decides to boot me off live. No problem, I can sign back in... or not. Also no problem, I'll just reset my router... or not. None of that mattered because I couldn't get past the Internet stage in the Xbox Live connection test. I've followed nearly every troubleshooting tip and to no avail. I looked up the ability to chat to an Ambassador on Xbox.com and when I got through with my question, I was answered very shortly and the session was immediately ended. I tried again with a clearer question and was answered with the same tip, a tiny bit friendlier. However. I do realize they're probably quite busy, so I then contacted Xbox Support over twitter. They always are there to help but unfortunately couldn't. What is preventing this last step, connecting from the Internet to Xbox Live? If it happened before(and recently), shouldn't there be an answer? The last thing I can try is to talk to TWC, which is the hard part. I live in an apt. complex where they supply the cable/Internet where we pay a discounted fee. We get a TWC issued router and that's pretty much it. We can't call up TWC and talk to them because we're not the account holders, there's no IT guy or whatnot for the building. So ultimately talking to the maintenance guy here would be like talking to a hole in the wall. So what can/do I do? Just wait it out like it seemed to many had to last Sept?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

TWC was having an internal system outage which is routing Xbox LIVE data packets to Never-Never-Land, never to be seen again. You can verify the problem by going to http://canyouseeme.org and testing on Port 3074 then by pinging xbox.com - if either fails, TWC still has a problem.

If the problem still persists when you run those tests, please contact Time Warner and ask them for assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not familiar with this site, I entered in port 3074 where it asked for it and it says it couldn't see it with the reasoning being a time-out. How do I go about pinging Xbox.com?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can not test port 3074 from your computer or your console for that matter, since there is no applications that are listening to port 3074.

It has been stated that TWC are having problems with some of their services. Try contact your ISP (TWC) for more information regarding their current service status for your area.

Sorry this didn't help.

"It has been stated that TWC are having problems with some of their services." Is this recently?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes i was just on hold with xbox support for 6 hours yesterday, just for them to tell me it's time warners' fault

Sorry this didn't help.

I went back an forth with Time Warner's help twitter account earlier this afternoon. They told me to bother Xbox again, this was after I said 6 months ago they had a widespread issue like this with many of their customers having the same problems. After telling me that no one else is having an issue, I gave them the twitter names of 2 others also in NY having issues (have since found a 3rd). Then they changed their answer to that it's a Issue for Tier 3, and gave me their number. Planning to call them tomorrow, not expecting a resolution though.

Sorry this didn't help.

My friend and I are having the same exact problem and we both have TWC and live in NY.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got onto Live, but with my disc drive busted Slim, I feel like this shouldn't be.

Sorry this didn't help.

And kicked off and same problem once again. Damn. Xbox did have a status issue during that time however.

Sorry this didn't help.