Can Cloud be used for just one game?

Or is it for everything?  Does EVERYTHING either save to the Hard Drive or everything on Cloud.

It seems like big hassle using Cloud,.  Or am I mistaken?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you want to then yes all you would have to do is turn the Cloud Saves on when playing that game, then when you come off that game just turn Cloud save back off 

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-saves-in-cloud/cloud-save-games

Thanks.  So no just setting it for the one game and the other games still save to hard drive without manually turning it off and on...  OY!  MS needs to change that and make it more user friendly methinks

When you start-up a game, doesn't it ask what save device you would like to use?

[quote user="bigJ7678"]

When you start-up a game, doesn't it ask what save device you would like to use?

[/quote]

No, It never gives me that option.  I have to go to dashboard/ settings which exits the disc then after selecting everything wait for game to load again.... Big ol hassle 

[quote user="bigJ7678"]

[/quote] that is what happens when i load games 

[quote user="feihC"]

[quote user="bigJ7678"]

[/quote]

No, It never gives me that option.  I have to go to dashboard/ settings which exits the disc then after selecting everything wait for game to load again.... Big ol hassle 

[/quote]

you are failing to realize that you are talking about the 360 not the X1, different machines.

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

you are failing to realize that you are talking about the 360 not the X1, different machines.

[/quote]If I'm not mistaken the OP is asking about cloud saves on the Xbox 360. Nothing has been said about the XB1.

[quote user="feihC"]

[/quote] When you have multiple storage devices enabled/available, it should ask which one you want to use after starting a game.

[quote user="bigJ7678"]

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

[/quote]If I'm not mistaken the OP is asking about cloud saves on the Xbox 360. Nothing has been said about the XB1.

[quote user="feihC"]

[/quote] When you have multiple storage devices enabled/available, it should ask which one you want to use after starting a game.

[/quote]

Yes 360,

And thanks bigJ,  it helps to have the Cloud activated and available..... As you can tell I know absolutely nothing about this thing called Cloud.  Yes now it shows up like you say.

The whole Cloud thing is why Im turned off the Xbone. 

Peace

The Cloud was originally designed for offices and corporate environment so that multiple people from different locations would be able to save/access/edit files and projects.

Great concept but unfortunately if you do save your games to the Cloud and you are without internet/Gold for some reason, you no longer have access to those saves. Just FYI.

Actually, if you have games stored in the Cloud, and your Gold runs out, but you still have access to the internet, you can still download your saved games.  You just can't upload them to the Cloud again until your Gold is reinstated.  The Cloud is really a great feature to have for saved games.  When you're playing a saved game that's stored in the cloud, you're actually using a local copy of it.  So if something happens and your savegame is corrupted for whatever reason, you can simply redownload it from the cloud again.  It's a really handy tool.  Especially useful when you find yourself crashing at a buddy's house and realize you can resume your game on their Xbox even though you hadn't planned on doing so originally.  It's just there for you.