Can a corrupted profile be fixed?

I recently purchased Burnout Paradise and found that I could not connect to the servers. However, a different profile on my Xbox could connect just fine. EA support couldn't figure it out, as they showed that my profile was properly linked to them. MS Support downloaded my profile onto one of their Xboxs and confirmed that there was something within my profile that kept it from connecting to the servers. They didn't offer any options to fix it though. Can a corrupted profile be fixed? And if so, how do I go about getting this done? Thank you! 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Generally it should resolve itself if you delete the profile off the console and re-download it.

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Let us know how that goes.

Not really sure how they were able to determine there was something wrong with the profile yet could not offer a fix for you though...

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I even tried downloading my profile on a friend's Xbox, and that didn't work. And the Xbox support person downloaded it onto their Xbox, which apparently didn't work since they couldn't connect to the servers.

When the support person verified that it was a profile issue, they said it couldn't be fixed. But it seems to me that there should be something that can be done. I'm worried that if there is a bug in my profile, it may lead to more problems down the line. A friend of mine suggested that MS could perhaps make a new profile, and just dump all of my info (achievements, game licenses, gold subscription, MS points) into it. Is that even a possibility?

Sorry this didn't help.

can you fix it by not deleting a profile

Sorry this didn't help.

i know the perfect way this has happened to me before but unfortunately theres a corrupt file and it is indeed impossible to find which one i fixxed this by clearing my hard drive and redownloading my rofile and add ons etc...

Sorry this didn't help.

i know the perfect way this has happened to me before but unfortunately theres a corrupt file and it is indeed impossible to find which one i fixxed this by clearing my hard drive and redownloading my rofile and add ons etc...               contact support if this does not work

Sorry this didn't help.