Call of duty Xbox one "real" dedicated servers

Has there been any confirmation if cod ghosts on the Xbox one will feature true dedicated servers? Because the so called dedicated servers on other platforms are not that at all. Your rank, information, and some of the matchmaking is done on dedicated servers, but the actual game is still done on a peer to peer basis. With all the host advantage, host migration, and dropped matches that we are used to with call of duty.  Was all this dedicated server talk just marketing stuff or is the Xbox one truly going to have dedicated servers?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Rubin has stated all consoles are to have dedicated servers. Take that how you want.

Xbox One will have over 300,000 Servers available for Developers to use if they choose. And that's at just the Launch. As for whether or not CoD for the Xbox One actually uses them, that's another story.

I've been under the impression there would be true ded servers.....

-

I found this....back a couple months tho.

-

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ghosts-on-xbox-one-has-dedicated-servers/1100-6413211/

It's been said to be a mix of listening and dedicated servers. I think it would have been easy for them to go for dedi's on XO but unfortunately Sony doesn't have the necessary infrastructure so has probably hindered that on their side meaning IW may have back-tracked and just gone with a mix of P2P and dedicated servers across both systems.  I'm hoping it is dedi's on XO and it was just marketing speak to hide the lack of them on PS4 but who knows.

Yeah I am hoping they bring them as well, otherwise the whole dedicated server thing didn't mean anything lol.

It doesnt make a difference whether they use dedicated servers or not if the server Im on is on the other side of the country.Its still gonna lag.The people that live close to the servers will have an advantage.Ithink I heard Iowa was getting the server center so people who live there are lucky.

xbox cod will have dedicated servers. ps3,ps4 and 360 have listening servers (p2p)

Question as am thick. What are dedicated servers? From what I gather PS3 and Xbox 360 titles have been using p2p as Ghostz mentioned. Now I am assuming dedicated servers will eliminate lag? I generally have not experienced any lag on any game for a good 2 or 3 years on XBL or PSN or Nintendo Online for that matter. So will I notice any difference in these dedicated servers?

[quote user="vG Ghostz"]

xbox cod will have dedicated servers. ps3,ps4 and 360 have listening servers (p2p)

[/quote]

What is Mark Ruben on about then? http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/08/call-of-duty-ghosts-will-have-dedicated-servers-on-xbox-one-playstation-4-pc-and-current-gen/

From what I know Ghost on the Xbox One will use Microsoft's Azure Dedicated servers while the PS4, PS3, 360 and Wii U will use dedicated servers and listen servers.