Call of Duty Has The Best Online Community In The World?

Just seen this and wondered what everyone elses thought are on it? Personally i have played COD4, WAW, MW2 and Black Ops online and the community is the worst i have ever heard and in general that article kinda goes against whats been said all ready about this Elite thing.

So, what do you think? Does COD have the best online community or is it rubbish?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only played MW2 online, its the worst community on xbox live imo.  It's one of the reasons i stopped playing the game.

MW2 created the worst gaming community on the face of the planet, it helped bring in the modders and the hackers, the morons and the underage muppets and alround made Xbox LIVE a worse place to be ever since. There is a huge difference between the console COD community and the PC one however....I prefer the PC one

The Ghost Recon games have always in my opinion had the best online community. This, however is not a fair comparison, because since then, we've been exposed to party chat, mass advertising of AAA first person shooters and that fact that the younger generation now have access to xbox live.

Back in the day (wow did I just say that?) the thought of spending £40 a year together with high priced broadband meant that there was a select minority demographic group that could and would pay the priviledge of playing console games online.

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

MW2 created the worst gaming community on the face of the planet, it helped bring in the modders and the hackers, the morons and the underage muppets and alround made Xbox LIVE a worse place to be ever since. There is a huge difference between the console COD community and the PC one however....I prefer the PC one

[/quote]

I agree. But at least something is being done to stop them, even if the process is slow.

I imagine calling the COD players 'The best community in the world' is Activisions way of sweet talking people into giving them extra money for a service a lot of other games provide for nothing. A community willing to part with their dosh so readily IS a good community if you're at the receiving end of the aforementioned revenue stream

This line in particular has a double meaning 

'Elite could penetrate up to 20 percent of Modern Warfare 3 purchasers'

its not the best but there are far worst like the fifa community. however if you play cod then theres always someone to talk to lol

OK Op thanks for the greatest laugh ever.

First I read

Call of Duty has "the best online community"

That got me laughing to begin with, then I read the source of said gem.

-Activision

Yeh I was ROFLMAO at that.

Thats like EA saying their the most generous company about

Or Bobby kotick saying he hates money.

Do they really expect to be believed especially after the Kotick gate scandal they caused accuusing EA of unfair play and bias by not letting Kotick get a BF3 hands on.

Some other gems to read

"the service to pay back fans"

Then why's it paid then guys ?

Seriously I think Bobby Kotick wrote this under an alias or something

To be honest when it comes to any 'Shooter' I've played online I've met my fare share of pillocks, whether it be Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Ghost Recon etc.Games of this type always seem to bring out the worse in people.

One of the best online communities I've been involved with online ( Apart from alot of racers I've played ) was on Call Of Duty 2, I believe that was down to it not having rankings, perks, people just played it for how a game should be played, FUN!!

They are paying back all there loyal fans by sticking there hands in your pockets,  That sounds like a big 'THANK YOU' to me.

ROFL harris! though i have found some great gamers on COD it's normally quite bad. every kid i hear has to be banned as all i hear is a constant high pitched screaming from them.

i find i have to report at least one person every night on black ops for (putting it nicely) telling me to get back to the kitchen.