Call of Duty Ghosts games on demand price complete rip off in Europe

I just wanted to comment on the price of Call of Duty Ghosts in euros over here in Ireland on the Microsoft store. It costs 70 Euros over here. In America the game costs $60 which is equivalent to 45 Euros. We're being completely ripped off over here. So I just wanted to speak up about it. It's just completely wrong. I won't be buying it off Microsoft games store anyway obviously but I hate seeing that kind of rubbish happening. By the way 70 Euros is equivalent to $95.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Your post might be better appreciated in one of the feedback forums forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

just wondering how much is a disc version in a store?

Ive got a friend from SWEDEN and all their new games when transfered into AMERICAN CURRANCY IS AROUND $100.00 DOLLARS so Im sure that if its 70euros on xbox its the same in there stores as well. CRAZY to have to pay that much for a game though. No wonder the european gamers are always in such a bad mood.

[quote user="BOSS SNOOP 81"]

CRAZY to have to pay that much for a game though. 

[/quote]Good news is that you don't *have* to buy the game from On Demand.  You're free to shop around.

[quote user="quinnmaster"]I just wanted to comment on the price of Call of Duty Ghosts in euros over here in Ireland on the Microsoft store. It costs 70 Euros over here. In America the game costs $60 which is equivalent to 45 Euros. We're being completely ripped off over here. So I just wanted to speak up about it. It's just completely wrong. I won't be buying it off Microsoft games store anyway obviously but I hate seeing that kind of rubbish happening. By the way 70 Euros is equivalent to $95.

[/quote]More than likely this is the result of taxes in your country and being part of the Euro zone.  Try looking up Euro VAT, that contributes to the higher prices that those in the Europe have to pay.

What I want to know is how can they even justify charging us full game price for example COD:ghost  in tescos is £40 on the xbox store it's £49.99 how is that right I have no disc I have no case I have no booklet so there has been no extra money been put in to making the box printing the booklet or the cover making the disc or  putting the code on the said disc shipping to the store of anything of the sort I under stand the price if I go and get it in store at least I have something in my hand just not for something I have to download it's just greed in my mind AAA games like ghost should be it least £15 cheaper to buy from the xbox store than if I went to the store to buy it

It's the same over here in New Zealand - ie COD:Ghosts works out to about USD$115

can't you order from a usa web site and have it shipped to your country it's probably cheaper that way. xbone will region free anyway.

@NYJets1968 - That's exactly what I'll be doing from now on, whilst for many titles it means missing out on launch day madness I'd rather have the extra $ in my pocket as the difference is so significant