Call of Duty Dual License Confusion.

So I assumed that the dual license of Call of Duty Ghosts allowed you to play both games on both consoles. But Amazon are showing this -
LINK
-
Now In that description it says -

Please note:

• This is not a boxed game - it is a box containing a digital download code ONLY.
  • Once you upgrade from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, you will no longer be able to play Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360

Now on the Call of Duty Website it says the following:
-

Gamers can purchase a disc-less dual-license digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99. This version will include the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live gamertag.  Look for more information on how to pre-order at participating retailers in the coming weeks.

Via the Game Ahead Program, players can also purchase a digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts directly from the Xbox Live Marketplace for a suggested retail price of $59.99.  And, when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, you can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 on the Xbox Live Marketplace until March 31, 2014.
-
Now , do both those options mean you can play them twice at the same time? Or is the second paragraph saying only once again?
Does Dual License mean only 360 untill the 22nd?
My interpretation of Dual is "At the same time"
I am really , really confused by this.
Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have found this but Amazon does not write that in their description, they write the opposite

But what I found on another website was this

"Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of £64.99."

Q. When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

A. No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.

This essentially means that should you buy the license, you will be buying the game for both consoles simultaneously. Sweet idea?

Guess you can say it's a play on words. It is dual. You will be able to use it for 2 systems.

-

You are upgrading it to the one, hence moving it over from the 360.

-

I can't see any dev allowing you to play it on both once you upgrade, they would lose too much money. That's why they are offering this deal. Instead of shelling out for 2 games they are letting us pay a small fee to carry it over to the new console.

-

Then again, who knows till we try.

The word Dual License implies two licenses, you do not have that, you have 1 temporary license and 1 full. That I believe is false advertising.

but on the faq on Call of duty ghosts website it says

When I upgrade from digital download for Xbox 360 to digital download for Xbox One, will my digital Xbox 360 game license be deactivated?

No, Xbox 360 game license will not be deactivated. Both game licenses will be retained.

-

I am really confused, does that only apply if you buy the game of the dashboard?

Also will it be available Nov 5th...?

In the UK this is utterly confusing as there hasn't been a dual licence announcement yet.  why don't the just put it on the dashboard.  it cant be that hard!

@Cookie, one would think....

This is getting silly now.  They've made it so unclear.... actually to be fair the answer on the faq is pretty clear, but then the Amazon page says the opposite so maybe it's just amazons mistake.

Either way I need to know for sure before buying since non of my friends are getting an Xbox One for a while and I will mainly be playing with them.  I just want the next gen version for single player.

That Amazon page also doesn't mention if you get the free fall map.

Maybe we are just taking it too literally, and Amazon think that after playing the xbox one version our little minds won't cope with going back to the 360 version!  lol

"Once you upgrade from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, you will no longer be able to play Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360"

haha

And where exactly do you even buy this?  It's 5 days from launch and all we have is month old references from activision, nothing on live or any other retailer sites.

I would trust the COD Ghost website over Amazon, as far as description of the program...@camp, you can buy the game digitally on November 5th, the date the game is released to xbox 360 (or Nov 22nd if you are waiting for the xbox one).