Call of Duty - Double XP

Just got a message from Infinity Ward saying there is double XP this weekend for all COD's.....So people can prestige at least once in each game to recieve these MW3 Prestige tokens.....Does anybody know when it starts UK time? I've done a search for it and one website says it starts today????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Double XP normally gets turned on about 6PMish UK time on the Friday..

/EDIT: Aceybongo's tweeted this a few minutes ago:

Double XP on Black Ops and MW2 kicks off at 6pm UK time tomorrow - good chance for you to unlock Prestige Tokens ahead of MW3 launch.

Nice one Cheers bud ;)

A few more deets on MW3 Prestige tokens earned from previous CoD games from OneOfSwords:

oneofswords.com/.../double-xp-in-black-ops-mw2-this-weekend

[quote]To clarify: The Prestige Shop in MW3 rewards you with a token for achieving a Prestige level in any of the previous four games — COD4, WaW, MW2, or Black Ops. That’s four tokens max, one for each game in which you prestiged (no matter how many times you prestiged within that game).

So for instance, I have prestiged four or five times in Black Ops; I get one token for that. Since that’s a token I never really expected to get in the first place and wasn’t the reason I was prestiging anyway, I call that a win.

When MW3 comes out, you will earn a token for each time you prestige within MW3 — but that’s a new system for the new game.[/quote]

That Article here:

Double XP in Black Ops & MW2 this weekend

by DAN on OCTOBER 25, 2011

If you aren’t following MW3 on Facebook, you probably didn’t see Robert Bowling’s video about how tokens work in the new Prestige Shop, and you therefore missed a very big piece of news: This weekend, in preparation for all those goodies that you can unlock in the MW3 Prestige Shop, there will be double XP in both MW2 and Black Ops. This is the first time in franchise history that two games have offered double XP simultaneously; usually the studios agree to share the spotlight as individual titles. So you get to pick either or both this time.

UPDATE: To clarify: The Prestige Shop in MW3 rewards you with a token for achieving a Prestige level in any of the previous four games — COD4, WaW, MW2, or Black Ops. That’s four tokens max, one for each game in which you prestiged (no matter how many times you prestiged within that game). So for instance, I have prestiged four or five times in Black Ops; I get one token for that. Since that’s a token I never really expected to get in the first place and wasn’t the reason I was prestiging anyway, I call that a win. When MW3 comes out, you will earn a token for each time you prestige within MW3 — but that’s a new system for the new game.

Can I be really dumb and ask what the tokens are used for?

I believe they are used to unlock perks and guns early and things like that on MW3

Oh ok cool thank you :)

sweet. im 70 on mw2 , 45 on black ops. so thats 2 tokens for me i guess, cant even remember what the tokens do likein mw3 !

You can unlock certain things when you prestige. Like double exp for a certain amount of time etc etc,

Here is a video explaining all you need to know about prestige tokens and how you can use them

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=InDcqhtsJyg]