Buzzing sound on loading screens

Since Saturday, my Xbox One has been making a buzzing sound on every few loading screens that come up.  I've determined that it's only when some kind of sound is playing when the loading screen starts, for example, if you're browsing through a menu right before a COD match starts.  At first I thought this was limited to the Titanfall Beta, but I've since found out it's doing it in anything on the console that requires a static loading screen.  It sounds like the last 1/20 of a second of the sound that was playing previously is now looping, creating an awful, annoying buzz that lasts until the next sound starts playing after what should have been a silent loading screen.  As an example, this happens when loading a COD multiplayer map, as that loading screen is silent.

The volume of this buzz can vary from mildly annoying to filling the whole house. I've also encountered it when loading things in non-game related apps like YouTube.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check the audio settings on your system. Are you using DTS digital? Try switching temporarily to an uncompressed 7.1 or 5.1 stream. Does that cure it? Same thing if you're using optical audio for a headset try testing it on stereo. This isn't necessarily a cure but it could help.

support.xbox.com/.../configure-audio-settings

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.