buying new 360 console due to 2nd time with red rings of death

Should I keep my hard drive and does it matter for ease of use with gold acct.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

As long as it's the same style of hard drive and it's the same size, you might as well just use your first hard drive and put the new one away and have it as a back up plan.

This way you will have everything the way you like it without having to re-download a bunch of stuff.

The only thing I would recommend is doing a license transfer for your important downloaded items. Even though they should work while you're connecting to XBL, you never know what little hic-up would occur.

In case you never used the DRM Transfer tool before, here is a link with the info you would need.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

The good thing with keeping your old hard drive is that you dont need to redownload the entire file, just select the item, download again and it should jump from 1% to 99% and then complete since all it did was acquire the new license.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

From what I understand, having the gold account with saved game data in the cloud means that you no longer loose your saved games.. once you get your new machine and load up live you will have access to all your saved games.  I had a similar problem and saved my hard drive but honestly I never used it because of the cloud.  Sorry to hear about your red rings of death. Have you figured out why you have had it happen now 2 times?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.