button on Xbox dashboard not working for me . . .

On my son's Xbox live dashboard (he's 12 and has gold through 9/15) there is a button on the dashboard that says, "renew now for $1 month of gold." When I click on it, it doesn't allow me to use it. I made sure his settings allow for purchasing, but still no luck.

help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

What do you mean it doesn't allow you to use it? Does it come up with some sort of error message, is there something that happens on the screen. If you could be a little more specific we might be able to assist you further on this matter.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

sure - I click on the first screen, but the second screen only has the option "redeem code" available. There are two other options that are not highlighted but visible (can't remember what they say exactly, but I'm pretty sure one of them is what I want). But I can't choose either of them. hope that makes it clearer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Was his current membership purchased through a similar discount offer? You can't buy through a discount if you still have a discounted purchase active. If that's the case, you'll have to wait and see what offers show up for the profile after the current membership ends (or extend the membership at regular price, or with a pre-paid card or code from a retailer).

Sorry this didn't help.

yes, his discount offer goes through 9/15. Thanks - I'll wait until it expires to check again.

Sorry this didn't help.