Burnout CRASH coming to XBLA

A couple of months back I mentioned this, but there wasn't much info except for the name.

Well here is a bit more with screens:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8934-Burnout-CRASH--Announced-by-EA-for-XBLA.html

I'm not sure how it will be being a top down racer.

Anyone interested?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Like any arcade game for me I will decide after playing the demo. Too hard to tell from those screen shots wether it is fun or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Judging by those screenshots, and having the always-right-opinion, the game doesn't look fun at all. Not only does it look repetitive but using the "beat your friends high scores!" means you need friends to also buy this game to get any kind of competition/gotta-play-again out of it. Which I think is bad for arcade games, and Trials HD was the only arcade game that sold well enough and featured a "leaderboards" design much better than most other arcade games to be an exception.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've never been a fan of top-down views for games so I've very little interest in it for now.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been hanging out for a new retail burnout game so on that score this disappoints. It also looks a little meh but its a racing game so no doubt I will get it lol

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a bit disappointing. I always enjoyed the crash mode in past Burnout games but the top-down view just ruins it.

Sorry this didn't help.

www.gametrailers.com/.../717237

According to the creative director at Criterion [00:42] they didn't include Crash Mode in Burnout Paradise because they wanted to make it for this game. Wow. At least make it a proper Crash Mode and none of this Showtime stuff where you can continually detonate after you've crashed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds stupid to me, not putting this mode in the retail version does not mean burn out fans are automatically going to buy a top down xbla version of it. Seems the developers think that is the case, why else would you purposely make the decision to develop an arcade game over adding a mode to a retail game.

I am not a fan of the burn out games but I do actually like the look of this top down view. Not sure if they are continuous detonations though, im thinking you probably get 2 or 3 to try and boost your score.

This might also have something to do with the fact it will be kinect enabled although from what they say in the clip it does sound like a monotonous experience using kinect, then again it is only one or two buttons you use on the controller also!

Sorry this didn't help.