Burning Music CD's to the XB1 Hard Drive

I put a music CD into the disk reader of my new Xbox One console and the option to copy the music to the hard drive came up. I accepted and the copy began. When finished, I removed my CD. Later I tried to play a song from the hard drive copy and got no sound. The song timer bar moved as though the song was playing normally, but I couldn't get any sound. I tried another music CD and the option to copy the music to the hard drive couldn't be accessed. The XB1 console acted as though burning music CD's wasn't an option anymore. Not like the first two Xbox Consoles. This is a real deal breaker for me. Copying my music to the console hard drive is one of the most important features of the Xbox consoles. I copy all my music to the hard drive then I can access and play it back like a juke box. Without having to constantly be changing CD's. The ability to create playlists is another invaluable feature.

Please don't tell me burning music CD's to the Xbox One hard drive is a feature that is no longer available. It worked the first time I inserted a music CD. I didn't do anything special to get access to copy function either. It just came up automatically after I inserted the CD. It only happend once though. All my music CD's were purchased at retail stores and are completely legal. I understand the need to protect copyrighted content, but the Windows Media Player allows me to burn my music CD's to my laptop hard drive and Microsoft doesn't seem all that worried about copyright infringement there.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Hey Night Owl,

Sorry to hear about the problem with burning music to the hard drive. I will continue to search through and find you a better answer. But I can offer you to try to sync your personal library via the cloud! Check this link about how to do that. If could be a way for you to get your music to your console.

Reach back and let us know what you find out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That link is only for xbox 360. Got one for the xbox one?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.